So as you all may know already, we are supposedly getting a monster snow storm tomorrow.
If you read my post from yesterday about my daughter, you would understand how appropriately named this storm is. CHARLOTTE!
But onto why having multiple sclerosis in the snow is so annoying. Everyone with MS has different symptoms. My symptoms are fatigue, muscle spasms in my calves and overall blah, at times.
But, when it snows, a lot, my blissful days with children in school come to a screeching halt.
Here is my top ten list of why I don’t want all this snow:
1. Cannot go outside, else I slip and fall.
2. When my legs hit that cold they say
3. Kids are home CONSTANTLY!
4. Husband is home CONSTANTLY.
5. Preparing endless amounts of hot chocolate for my kids and every kid in the neighborhood.
6. Power outages!
7. Water EVERYWHERE!
8. Little dog will not go outside, hence wee wee pads in house! Yuck!
9. No snow blower!
10. Schoolbus’s do not run if there any inkling of snow anywhere in the town.
So there you have it. When I was younger and had one child, before being diagnosed, I would suit up, get the sled, make the snowmen, etc.
Now, at 42, with four kids, I look out the window and give them that mother smile. You know that smile when you are looking so interested but thinking
Turn around already so I can watch TV:)
I put it out to you, mothers and fathers,how do feel about the impending doom, I mean snow?
Back again later.
Posting another poem.